User Guide - Envelope Management
This is the third part of the eSignAnyWhere user guide.
- Create and Send Envelopes
- Envelope Management (this page)
- Settings & Customization
- Signer Guide
Documents, Filter and Status
Documents will list your sent envelopes & drafts and envelopes you have to sign (sent by someone else). It also shows you the envelope status and allows you to filter and manage the envelopes.
- Search: enter a text to search the envelopes
- Status: an icon shows the status of the envelope
- Actions: direct on-click to sign or continue
- Export as CSV: export current list of envelopes (e.g. for a reporting)
- Sort by: recent activity or envelope name
- Filter: click on a filter from the menu to apply it to current list. You can easily apply more filters to the selection or remove them one-by-one.
Document Status Icons
|Envelope is finished|
|Envelope is canceled by one of the recipients|
|Envelope is rejected by one of the recipients|
|Envelope is a Draft|
|Waiting for signing|
|Waiting for acknowlegde|
|Envelope is expired|
To modify an envelope just click on it to load the envelope details page. On this page you can see the defined workflow with recipients, the document(s) and basic information about the envelope (e.g. start and expiration date). Moreover, you are able to enable or disable, if the envelope is shared with your team members.
Possible Actions on the envelope:
- Sign: if you are the signer, you can directly open the envelope for signing
- Remind: if a signer is not signing (or rejecting) the envelope, you can remind him manually. The reminder notification will be sent to the recipient (the automatic reminder will still continue to work, if configured).
- Cancel: Cancel will stop the envelope and cancel the workflow. The recipients will get a notification about cancelation.
- Unlock: if a signer has block in a parallel signer step the envelope (opened, but is not finished/rejected), you can manually reset his document changes to enable the envelope for the other parallel signers. (Note: in a parallel signer step, only one can open and sign the document. As long as the envelope is not finished by the signer, the others will not be able to sign the document. This is based on a technical limitation of the security of the PDF document, which is only allowing sequental changes to ensure its security).
- Delete: Delete the envelope
Finished envelopes will allow you to download the finished documents and audit trail (log document). If you have the developer mode enable, you can download the envelope configuration as XML and JSON.
Document Detail Page with highlighted envelope and recipients area.
Edit & Delete Recipient
It is possible to edit or delete a recipient after the envelope was sent. Therefore, you just click on “edit” to change user details (First Name, Last Name, Email), set the personal message, change authentication method, set digital remote signature or set SMS-OTP signature. You can just change details of recipients, who did not yet fulfilled their assigned task. Finished recipients are shown via icon in the Document detail view. “Delete” will delete the recipients envelope, as long his signing task was not yet finished.
The “Clipboard” link will show you a windows with a link (to copy) to the recipients envelope for signing. In case the signer has a problem of receiving the email, you can sent the link to the recipient via other channel (e.g. instant messenger).
The document preview will show you a small and, by clicking on it, a large preview of the document.
- Drafts, Completed, Active (Action Required, Waiting for Others, Expiring Soon), Rejected, Canceled and Expired
- Sent | Signed
- By Me
- By a team member
- By team
- Sender Date
- Yesterday, Since last 7 Days, 30 Days, 90 Days, 6 Months, Year and Custom Date
- Bulk (if feature is available)
- Exclude bulk children
- Bulk parents only
- Filter by a text you have entered (at the top bar)
The applied filters are listed at the top and you can remove specific filters by clicking on the “x” or reset all filters.
Download as CSV
You can also download a CSV (comma-separated values) files. So you can open them in e.g. Microsoft Excel for analysis or reporting.
The CSV contains:
- ID of the envelope
- Sending Date
- Expiration Date
- Document(s) as CSV
- Recipient(s) as CSV
Templates can be used for recurring document or workflows. You can prepare them and directly use them from the template page. When you use or edit the template the procedure is similar to create envelope, except the prepared configuration is used.
- Use: directly use the envelope
- Details: show details about template
- Edit: modify template
- documents: you can replace documents. The signaturefields are kept, except they can not be applied (e.g. page in new document doesn’t exist any more). If a recipient is replaced his/her fields get unassigned, except there is only one recipient.
If you open a template, where you have set already signature and form fields, but you need to replace the document without loosing the configuration, just click after loading the template, on the replace icon of the document.